Achieve a CÉIM Collaborative Learner Digital Badge
What is a digital badge?
1st year students can achieve a Collaborative Learner digital badge for regularly attending CÉIM sessions in a single discipline and reflecting briefly on their learning. The badge is currently open to 1st year students in the following disciplines where CÉIM is offered: BA Law, Geography, Engineering, Law (BCL), Law and Business, Law and Human Rights, Political Science & Sociology, and Psychology.
The CÉIM Collaborative Learner Digital Badge from NUI Galway/NUI Galway Students’ Union will be awarded to 1st year students who:
1. Attend 13 or more CÉIM sessions out of 19/20 during the 2019/20 academic year with minimum 5 sessions attended in semester 1 and minimum 5 sessions attended in semester 2.
Note: for Law (BCL), Law and Business, and Law and Human Rights students, 11 or more CÉIM sessions must be attended out of 17 with minimum 4 sessions attended in semester 1 and minimum 4 sessions attended in semester 2.
Note: for Psychology students, 6 or more CÉIM sessions must be attended out of 9 with minimum 2 sessions attended in semester 1 and minimum 2 sessions attended in semester 2.
2. Complete a short online reflection activity at the end of Semester 1 (deadline: Sunday, 15 December)
3. Complete a short online reflection activity at the end of Semester 2 (deadline: Sunday, 26 April)
• Any 1st year student who has attended the required number of CÉIM sessions in Semester 1 2019/20 will be sent an email to complete the first online reflection activity. This should take about 10-20 minutes to complete.
• Students who have completed the first online reflection activity and have attended the required number of sessions in both semesters will be emailed the second online reflection activity to complete at the end of Semester 2.
• Students who have completed both reflection activities will be awarded the CÉIM Collaborative Learner Digital Badge in May 2020.
Students who are awarded the CÉIM Collaborative Learner Digital Badge will be emailed information about how to download and use the badge, and will receive a web link to information about the badge.
CÉIM runs in multiple disciplines and 1st year students may be eligible to receive the Collaborative Learner badge in more than one discipline. Please note there is only ONE Collaborative Learner badge (it is NOT differentiated by discipline), so students will only be awarded one CÉIM Collaborative Learner badge regardless of how many disciplines they have participated in CÉIM in – multiple badges cannot be awarded. As a result, students should choose ONE discipline in which to apply for the badge.
It is up to students as CÉIM participants to articulate to employers/academics/others their experience in CÉIM and any skills developed as a result – the more CÉIM disciplines students have taken part in, the more they will have to reflect on and talk about.